We are designed to “worship God and enjoy Him forever” and singing is an extremely important element of worship:
- We are called to be a ‘singing’ people (there are over 500 references of singing in the bible and 50 of them are a direct command to ‘sing to the Lord’)
- Singing helps us DECLARE truth and it can often “warm the heart” causing further worship and adoration.
But singing is not the essence of worship: The Bible says;
- ‘Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God’ (1 Cor 10:31)
- In Romans 12 we are urged ‘in view of God’s mercy to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God’.
- We are called to ‘act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with God’ (Mic 6:8).
True worship is more than our offering of songs, affections, intellect, service, giving, ministry to the poor and broken, it’s the daily offering of life itself.
At King’s sung worship is a key part of our life together. To find out how to get involved speak to one of the current team.
To find out the current music rota, click here
If you want to know what sort of songs we sing – have a listen to them here on this Spotify playlist